In light of Governor Hogan’s most recent order regarding face coverings, we want to remind members that when visiting Palisades, masks must be worn at all times except when swimming or practicing physical distancing.
And now for some updates:
- Reservations for both Open Swim and EBS slots will open Friday evening (July 31) for the entire week (Monday 8/3 through Sunday 8/9). Again, each individual member can reserve no more than three Open Swimming slots and three EBS slots per week.
- The Board continues to closely monitor pool usage and is considering many options for open slots. Please keep in mind that this is only the fourth day that the new system has been in operation. Many members are still making reservations and some slots are already closed for the week. Our goal is not to have every slot at capacity but to allow as many member accounts to be able to access the pool. We want to give our members with more erratic schedules the opportunity to book their three reservations the day of. Again, the volunteer Board appreciates your patience as we navigate this extraordinary season.
And some reminders:
- Please contact Palisades (email@example.com) if you or your family member tests positive for COVID and has visited Palisades in the past 14 days. A number of local pools recently announced that employees or members have tested positive for COVID.
- As always, please be kind and respectful to Palisades staff and other members.
- The name on the reservation must match the name of the member who arrives at the pool. Any reservation changes must be made in the reservation system.
- No substitutions for reservations. You cannot substitute a guest for a family member nor can you substitute one family member for another. You also cannot substitute another unrelated pool member for a member of your family.
- This season, Palisades is for use by members only. No guests are permitted. Any misuse of membership, including allowing others to use your membership or trying to pass a guest off as a member on your account, may result in a 7 day suspension for the entire family’s membership.
- The last day of Early Bird Swim is Friday, August 14.
- In order to clean pool furniture in between open swimming slots, we limited the number of chairs on the pool deck. If you arrive during the latter part of your open swimming slot, consider bringing your own chair. You can also sit on the lawn in your own chair as the Palisades furniture must stay on the pool deck. In addition, please do not move any pool furniture. They are pre-arranged for the safety of our members and to abide by physical distancing guidelines.
Again, we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we adjust pool operating policies and procedures in order to allow better access to Palisades for all of our members.
Stay safe and healthy,
The Palisades Pool Board of Directors