Dear Palisades Members,
Another week, another membership update! As we continue to review feedback from our members and observe usage patterns for open and lap swimming, we have new and important updates to share with you all.
First, some reminders:
- Members MUST be kind and courteous to Palisades staff and other members. Thank you for your patience.
- Membersplash now allows members to edit their reservations without having to cancel and rebook. Members must edit their reservation if the number of individuals in their party for an open swimming time slot has changed, or cancel a reservation entirely if they are not going to use their reservation. Please see the instructions below.
- Please do not rearrange Palisades pool furniture or move it onto the grass. Members are welcome to use their own chairs or towels to sit on the grass.
Our biggest issue right now is that time slots are booking so quickly that many members cannot get a reservation and are unable to enjoy the pool, especially for lap swimming. We also notice that a number of members are not showing up for their slots or are booking multiple slots in one day.
To address these issues and hopefully allow more members to enjoy the pool, members who don’t show up for their slots without cancelling and/or over book lap lane reservations will face consequences. We are also limiting the number of lap lane reservations to no more than three per week per member. Because of the new Membersplash feature to edit reservations that was unexpectedly released yesterday, we decided not to limit open swimming reservations at this time.
Open Swimming: No Shows
When an entire party fails to show up for their open swimming slot without canceling their reservation, the members will receive one warning. After the first warning, a second violation of these rules will result in a loss of reservation privileges for the entire family for one week. A third violation will result in a loss of reservation privileges for the entire family for two weeks. Additional violations may result in termination of the family membership for the rest of the season. Again, please edit your reservation if the number of individuals in your party has changed and we ask that you cancel your reservation at least an hour before your scheduled time slot. Please see the instructions below.
Lap Lane Swimming: Reservations Limits, No Shows, and Overbooking
Lap lane swimming (EBS and LBS) is now limited to no more than three reservations per week per member starting Monday, July 13. A week is defined as Monday through Sunday. Members who make more than three reservations per week or fail to show up for their lap lane session without canceling that session will receive one warning. After the first warning, a second violation of these rules will result in a loss of reservation privileges for the entire family for one week. A third violation will result in a loss of reservation privileges for the entire family for two weeks. Additional violations may result in termination of the family membership for the rest of the season. We ask that, if possible, you cancel your reservation at least an hour before your scheduled time slot.
How to Edit/Cancel Reservations
To edit or cancel reservations, log in to your account on the Palisades web site. Click “Manage Account” under the “Membership” tab. Click “My Reservations” in the light blue bar.
- To edit family members in the reservation, click “Manage.” Add or delete family members and then click “Update Reservation.”
- To cancel a reservation entirely, click “Cancel.” The system will open a confirmation box. Click “Cancel It” to complete the cancellation process. Please double check that your reservation was cancelled. Click on “My Reservations.” The system should display “No Reservations Found.”
Again, we hope these changes will allow more members the opportunity to enjoy the pool.
The Palisades Pool Board of Directors