Palisades Swim and Tennis Club Tennis Facilities
The health and safety of our membership remains our top priority. The Palisades Board continues to follow the CDC, Governor Larry Hogan, the Maryland Department of Health, and Montgomery County Health Department for related news and guidance. Palisades will be, at all times, in compliance with appropriate directives from our governing authorities. As this guidance changes, Palisades will adjust operations accordingly and reserves the right to close its facilities as necessary.
In an effort to continue to provide a clear set of expectations for Palisades members at our tennis facilities amidst the ongoing concerns relating to COVID-19, the rules for use and play of the Palisades tennis courts are outlined below. These guidelines have been approved by the Palisades Board and are being implemented in an effort to provide a safe and orderly experience for all members and tennis professionals. We expect that members will respect these instructions so that we are able to safely continue our tennis program. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines before visiting Palisades.
Any violation of appropriate physical distancing directives or disregard for established rules will be taken very seriously by Palisades and may result in the loss of membership.
- Play at your own risk.
- Play is for members only. Guests are not permitted.
- No Palisades team play is currently permitted.
- Courts are to be used for tennis play only. No other recreational activities are permitted on the Palisades courts. Spectators or gathering of groups are not permitted. If you are picking someone up from the courts, please wait in your car in the parking lot.
- Please maintain the CDC guidelines of 6 to 10 feet for healthy physical distancing at all times.
- Please take all necessary precautions as recommended by health care professionals.
- Members are encouraged to wear a mask to and from the parking area.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Stay home if you have come in close contact with someone who has been infected with COVID-19 and contact your healthcare provider for guidance.
Tennis Court Reservations:
- Reservations are required. Walk-ups will not be permitted to play.
- Members may reserve a court utilizing the Palisades website.
- Members may only reserve 1 hour of court time on any given day.
Rules of Play:
- Singles play is recommended in order to maintain wide separation of players. Doubles play is allowed but must be conducted in such a manner as to keep the recommended physical distancing between players.
- The Palisades’ tennis professionals may have up to 6 people on a court at once for lessons / small clinics, not including the professional.
- Arrive at the Palisades facility ready to play close to the assigned start time and depart the facility immediately after your reservation time is over.
- Players must use their own equipment during play.
- Bring your own water bottles, towels, and other personal equipment and store items inside your tennis bad when not in use.
- Use towels, headbands, hats, or wristbands to avoid touching your face during play.
- Players must practice appropriate physical distancing during play; do not shake hands or high five.
- Maintain physical distancing if changing ends of the court.
- Do not place towels/other personal belongings on the benches, net or net post.
- No cleaning supplies will be available on site. Members may bring their own cleaning supplies to use before and after they play. Wash your hands often.
- The Palisades backboard is limited to persons in the same household on a first come, first serve basis. Members are limited to 20 minutes if other members are waiting.
In addition to the rules for play outlined above, the USTA has developed player tips and recommendations for playing tennis safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. A link to that guidance can be found here: